Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Solus Review For Casual Users

Solus Review For Casual Users

I have been watching the progress with Solus Linux from afar for some time now. I’ve even had other Freedom Penguin contributors share their thoughts on Solus. So when I decided to give everyone my review, I wanted to make sure I cover the basics…then move on to the stuff I cared about – using it as a daily driver.

Solus is not based on any other distro. It’s a Linux unto itself and this article shares my experience with it.

Solus Review – The installation

Honestly, installing any modern Linux distro is incredibly uneventful and boring. This isn’t a bad thing, rather a point of fact we need to remember when we read about or watch someone doing a Linux review. With that bit of unpleasantness out of the way, there are some cool items of note with the Solus installation I’d like to point out.

The user security policy for Solus is great. Some distros will allow you to utilize terrible passwords limited to under five characters. Solus puts its foot down on this practice and requires the passwords be longer than some newbies might be inclined to run with.

Because of this, I ended up going with a seven character password that Solus allowed without any further delay.

Continue reading Solus Review For Casual Users at Freedom Penguin.



from Freedom Penguin http://ift.tt/2AmIEYl
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Grand Theft Auto Inside A Neural Network’s Hallucination? It’s Possible!

Ever imagined what a Neural Network's hallucination would look like? The post Playing Grand Theft Auto Inside A Neural Network’s Halluc...